Sunday, July 25, 2010

Phase 3 - Day 2

Weight: 175
So, it's pretty apparent that I have not been following directions!
We had out-of-town company this weekend just as I was starting Phase 3.  Of course, my husband made a sweet potato pie and all sorts of other wonderful things, including grilled asparagus and zucchini (yum!!).  Some of our guests also have dietary restrictions so it was quite easy to adapt for them.  I specifically planned to have some of his sweet potato pie, though... it's so good!
My problem is, that I seem not to know when to stop.  One thing I did learned though is that when eating pie one should not be distracted, even if that distraction is your own company.  One should sit in a quiet place, contemplating and savory each and every bite.  I have to say, I ate three pieces of pie.  Yes, three!  And, you know what?  The last piece was the best piece because I savored it.  I also realized that every bite of pie contains love which may be one reason that I want so much of it.  Mini lesson learned, or re-learned, about food.
We also floated the river  and I have a deep sunburn up-and-down front of my legs from thigh to ankle, which will cause weight gain.  I will probably have to do a steak day today which is eating nothing all day except drinking lots of fluids and eating a large steak and an apple for dinner.  Quite frankly, I am still full, so not eating all day won't be much of a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment