Monday, January 12, 2015

P2D1 - 190.5

Weight: 190.5

Today is the start of my first VLCD for this round.  I only gained 2.5 pounds during the load, which I'm thrilled with.

I first started this blog because I couldn't find out any information about how long lasting the results of losing weight with hCG would be.  Well, now I feel I have a pretty good handle on that question.

The short answer is, it depends.  It depends on what you're willing to do to maintain it.  Eat well, rest, exercise, don't eat or drink to excess.  Those are all common sense actions that we've heard a million times.  And it's true.

What hCG allowed for me was to find out, for the very first time as an adult, what it would be like to have a normal, even slender, figure.  I can tell you I felt absolutely amazing at my lowest weight.  So, how did I gain it back?

I fell for the idea that just because I didn't gain weight right away, like I had when I ate something before, that my body would tolerate the stress.  It does, for awhile, but eventually something gives.  And slowly, I returned to many of my former habits.  Not all of them, mind you, just the ones that, apparently, count.

So, I'm starting another round because I've gained back 40 pounds over the last 3 years.  I maintained for about 2 years.  Then, in 2012, I took a new, very sedentary, job and I put on 20 pounds over 2 years.  This last year I went on vacation in May and after that my weight shot up another 15-20 pounds in 6 months.  I know, because that's when I ate a LOT of ice cream because "I'm on vacation".

So, I'm back at this again because I need to turn this train around.  Exercise and eating well are essential for health and well being, but they weren't doing anything to help in this situation.  Even well tuned machines need tuneups.

No comments:

Post a Comment